Fractional CO2 Laser: What to Do and Not to Do
Fractional CO2 Laser is a skin rejuvenation treatment that treats skin impurities, signs of aging, and more. It delivers a narrow laser beam into the dermis to create micro-injuries in the skin, encouraging the body to stimulate collagen production and cell renewal. These regeneration processes of the body will result in a smoother and younger skin. To maximize the results and minimize the side effects, you should know what to do before and after your treatment. Here are the dos and don’ts before and after Fractional CO2 Laser treatment.
Before Fractional CO2 Laser treatment
- It’s important that you avoid tanning or heavy sun exposure. Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen every day for 4 weeks before your treatment.
- Do not use medications that cause sun sensitivity (such as doxycycline or minocycline) for at least 3 days before treatment.
- Let your healthcare provider know if you have a history of herpes (such as oral cold sores or genital) or shingles in your treatment area. Your healthcare provider may want you to start antiviral medication (such as valacyclovir or acyclovir) as directed. This is usually 2 days before treatment and continued 3 days after treatment.
- It’s also important to eat and drink before your procedure to prevent dehydration.
Fractional CO2 Laser Aftercare
1. Use Pain Medication And Creams
The doctor will give you instructions on how to manage your pain with over-the-counter pain medication. It is important that you follow your doctor’s instructions and stay on schedule so your pain doesn’t get the best of you.
2. Do Not Pick At Your Wounds
Be extra careful with your skin after your laser resurfacing. Though it might be tempting, it is crucial that you not pick at your open wounds. This could leave scarring and give you negative results.
3. Stay Out Of The Sun
We all know the warnings of what too much sun exposure can do to the skin, but this is especially important after you undergo laser resurfacing. Sun exposure during your healing process could cause hyperpigmentation, so be careful to protect your face from the sun’s rays until you are completely healed.
4. Do Not Use Makeup
The doctor will give you clear instructions for when you will be able to use makeup products again, but until your doctor clears you, do not apply cosmetics to your face. You could introduce bacteria that could lead to infection and other complications.
5. Use Proper Hygiene
It goes without saying that you should wash your hands before touching your face, but you should even be sure to wash your hands before washing your face. The doctor also recommends that laser resurfacing patients must be sure to have a clean pillowcase on their pillow after their treatment and avoid any kind of contact with items that could introduce bacteria into your wounds, such as a cell phone, sunglasses, or clothing items.
Cosmetic clinic in Abu Dhabi
Adam and Eve Cosmetic Medical Centre provides Fractional CO2 Laser treatment in Abu Dhabi. Our doctor will guide you before and after your procedure to help amplify the benefits of your treatment. Consult our doctor today.