Does an irregular or discolored tooth embarrass you? Regain your confidence and smile with Dental Veneers!
What do dental veneers fix for me?
- Chips and cracks in your teeth.
- Teeth that are worn down.
- Discolored teeth.
- Gaps between your teeth.
- Misaligned teeth such as bulges or craters.
- Ineffective teeth whitening
For queries related to Dental Veneers Abu Dhabi, call Adam and Eve Cosmetic Medical Center now. Our cosmetic consultants would be happy to address your concerns.
What are dental veneers?
Veneers are extremely thin customized laminates or shells of tooth-colored material that are bonded to the front surface of teeth with the help of adhesive.
To know more about Dental Veneers Abu Dhabi, call your consultant at AECMC today.
What are the two main types of dental veneers?
Dental veneers may be composite or porcelain depending on the material used and the way they are applied. Composite veneers are made of resin composite material. Porcelain veneers are made of porcelain.
Porcelain veneers are more stain-resistant and effective in mimicking the light reflecting properties of natural teeth. They are highly compatible with your gums and provide a natural look to your teeth. The composite veneer can be ‘built-in’ by your dentist. So it is a quicker and more convenient solution for you. You can also have it built in the laboratory by a skilled dental technician. A porcelain veneer cannot be built in, it has to be manufactured in the laboratory.
To discuss with your dentist the choice of veneer material best suited for you, call AECMC, the Abu Dhabi Dental Center now.
What is the procedure for having a dental veneer?
- At the outset, your dentist will examine your teeth to ascertain that dental veneers are appropriate for you. He or she also will take X-rays and make impressions of your mouth and teeth.
- To prepare your tooth for a veneer, your dentist will remove approximately half millimeter of enamel from the surface of your tooth. This amount corresponds to the thickness of the veneer to be added to the tooth surface.
- Your dentist will then make a model or impression of your tooth which is then sent out to a dental laboratory where your veneer is constructed. Your dentist will receive the veneer from the laboratory within two to four weeks.
- Your dentist will place the veneer on your tooth to examine its fit and color. He or she will remove and trim the veneer as needed to achieve the exact fit.
- Your dentist will then prepare your tooth to receive the veneer. He/she will clean, polish and etch your teeth. This is done to make sure that the veneer bonds well.
(For Teeth Cleaning Abu Dhabi, call your cosmetic dental consultants at AECMC today.)
- He/she will apply special cement to the veneer and place it on your tooth. He/she will apply a special light beam to the veneer. This activates chemicals in the cement so that it hardens or cures quickly.
- Any excess cement is removed. Your dentist will then evaluate your bite and make final adjustments to the veneer if needed.
- Your dentist may request for a follow-up visit to check how your gums respond to the presence of your veneer.
For information related to Dental Veneers Abu Dhabi or for a consultation with our cosmetic care specialists, call AECMC now.
How long will my dental veneer be effective?
Your veneer will typically be good for seven to fifteen years.
How difficult is it to care for veneers?
You do not need any special care for your veneer. You can brush your teeth and floss normally. Your veneer is resistant to decay. However, it is essential to maintain good dental hygiene as you would normally do.
What are the patient satisfaction levels for veneers?
As per a study in the Journal of Dentistry, patient satisfaction initially was 76 percent which increased to 78% after two years.
Reference link below:
For Teeth Cleaning Abu Dhabi or to schedule an appointment for cosmetic skin consultation and cosmetic dentistry, please call the Abu Dhabi Dental Center at AECMC.